Date:      Tue, 12 Apr 2011 10:44:20 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "J. Hellenthal" <jhell@DataIX.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portmaster patch, nice -> renice

On 4/12/2011 1:39 AM, J. Hellenthal wrote:

> Hi Doug,
>
> Not that this is much a improvement but thought youd like to be informed
> of it. I usually try to refrain whenever possible from calling utilities
> like nice(1) or renice(1)  and let processes inherit their niceness be
> inherited from the parent process. This patch does that very thing for
> portmaster.

Thank you for your suggestion, however at this point it's only the make
processes (which can often run for extended periods) that I want
subjected to giving up their priority. The rest of the script should be
run at the defaults. Users who want the behavior you describe can run
nice in the shell.

Doug

			-- OK Go