Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 01:01:05 -0700
From:      David <dholland@xmission.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.0-2000-03-08-SNAP and XFree86, other issues...

My Config:

PIIIx2 TYAN S1836 board with dual 10k rpm Connor SCSI, 384Mb ram,
and Maxtrox G200 16Meg SD ram.

Ftp'd kern.flp and mfsroot.flp from current.freebsd.org
(4.0-2000-03-08_Snap)...

Did a clean install ...

Things I noticed were:

During the install, couldn't get the Crypt distribution or Local --
guess that has already been covered in the list.

While the installer detected my second SCSI drive da1, for some reason
when I tried to create a partition on da1 it would always show me da0
instead.

X11R6 gives me an elf linker error on the XThru...so when trying to use
XF86_SVGA (startx).  I can see the XThru..so in the lib/aout directory
but not in lib.  Did the XF_SVGA get linked wrong?

Misc Suggestion:

I personally find the installer much more friendly than any of the
competition, but
one area I feel it could be improved in would be to use Accept, Close,
and Cancel
rather than the current Ok and Cancel.

Hope this was of some help, long live BSD!

(Next time I promise to learn how to use the automated bug reporting
feature).

David Holland
dholland@xmission.com