Date:      Sat, 8 Jun 2002 14:41:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kirill Alder-Ponazdyr <quak@dplanet.ch>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   kern/39047: IPSEC Compression (IPCOMP) broken in tunnel mode

>Number:         39047
>Category:       kern
>Synopsis:       IPSEC Compression (IPCOMP) broken in tunnel mode
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
FreeBSD 4.6-RC FreeBSD 4.6-RC #0: Sat Jun 8 19:55:21 CEST 2002 i386

IPSec Compression does not work properly in tunneling mode, the kernel spits following errors:

/kernel: ipcomp_decompress: inflate(Z_FINISH): unknown error (-2)

The IPSec tunnel setup by itself seems to be working, since we can use ESP without any problem.

In addition to that, the compression algorythm handshake only seems to work then racoon is utilized,
when hardcoded as the setkey parameters it will stall or slowdown the connection.
>How-To-Repeat:
Setup an IPCOMP tunnel on both machines/gateways using following statements:

Startup racoon on both machines, try to ftp a file in any direction.