Date:      Sat, 22 Dec 2001 15:37:12 -0600 (CST)
From:      Daniel Schales <dan@coes.LaTech.edu>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   4.5-PRERELEASE NFS Problem

I'm seeing problems with NFS serving over UDP in a 4.5-PRERELEASE
system.  The problem seems to be in readdir or perhaps stat. I can't ls
a directory that's mounted via UDP.  I can read files.  The problem
goes away with TCP mounts.  I had problems with both FBSD 4.4 and Solaris
2.8 clients.  The server is new, so I don't have any historical data,
however I've never had problems in the past in other servers using UDP.
The system was cvsup'ed Thursday evening.

Danny

--
Daniel Schales             Louisiana Tech University
Network/Unix Administrator Computing Center