Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 2008 17:18:16 -0300
From:      "Carlos A. M. dos Santos" <unixmania@gmail.com>
To:        "Lowell Gilbert" <freebsd-ports-local@be-well.ilk.org>
Cc:        funman@videolan.org, freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: multimedia/vlc installs two ".desktop" files

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 3:11 PM, Lowell Gilbert
<freebsd-ports-local@be-well.ilk.org> wrote:
> "Carlos A. M. dos Santos" <unixmania@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> After installng vlc-0.8.6.i,2 (built from ports), I noticed that there
>> are two .dekstop files at /usr/local/share/applications/
>>
>>      vlc.desktop
>>      wxvlc.desktop
>
> And depending on the option you choose, you could get even more.
> The second one is specifically for WxWidgets support.
>
>> I think the second one should not be there. Is it necessary to submit
>> a PR on this?
>
> Can you explain what you think the problem is?

The problem is that you have two (or even more) items in the
application menu that correspond to the same application. Arguably
this is a small detail, pretty  tolerable by nerdy people. From an
end-user perspective, however, it is extremely confusing.

--
cd /usr/ports/sysutils/life
make clean