Date:      Fri, 04 Oct 2013 12:53:10 -0700
From:      "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@tristatelogic.com>
To:        Ruslan Makhmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru>
Cc:        rm@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Port build failure -- security/hydra

In message <524F179D.8030603@yandex.ru>,
Ruslan Makhmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru> wrote:

>Ronald F. Guilmette wrote on 04.10.2013 23:11:
>> At the end of my effort to do "portupgrade -a", I got this:
>>
>>          ! security/hydra (hydra-7.4.2)  (fetch error)
>>
>> Apparently, the source tarball for the current hydra port seems to be
>> nowhere to be found.  How come?  Shouldn't there _always_ be at least one
>> copy of the source tarball, somewhere on one or another of the FreeBSD
>> distribution servers, for each and every port in the ports tree?
>
>I can't reproduce this problem, it's fetching fine to me:
>
>root@smeshariki4:/usr/ports/security/hydra # make distclean
>===>  Cleaning for hydra-7.5
>===>  Deleting distfiles for hydra-7.5
>root@smeshariki4:/usr/ports/security/hydra # make fetch
>===>  License AGPLv3 accepted by the user
>===>  Found saved configuration for hydra-7.5
>===>   hydra-7.5 depends on file: /usr/local/sbin/pkg - found
>=> hydra-7.5.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
>=> Attempting to fetch http://freeworld.thc.org/releases/hydra-7.5.tar.gz
>hydra-7.5.tar.gz                              100% of  665 kB  348 kBps
>00m02s
>===> Fetching all distfiles required by hydra-7.5 for building
>
>But I updated the download url to avoid redirect in r329365. Please
>update your ports tree and try again.
>
>PS. Packetstorm seems changed the way they handle downloads. Will check
>later how to deal with it.

OK, first question:  What the devil is "r329365" ?

Anyway, I did what you suggested.  I just now re-did this step:

   portsnap fetch update

and then I tried again:

  portupgrade security/hydra

but I am _still_ getting the exact same error.  From where I am sitting,
the hydra-7.5.tar.gz file is *not* available from freeworld.thc.org, and
indeed I am wondering how you managed to get it from there.  From where I
am sitting, even trying to fetch it from there using wget indicates that
there is a "Moved Permanently" HTTP error encountered when trying to
fetch the file from this URL, which is currently coded into the port:

   http://freeworld.thc.org/releases/hydra-7.5.tar.gz

How are you not seeing this "Moved Permanently" HTTP error??

Anyway, if I try to fetch the file from the above URL using wget, even
after being redirected (automagically) to the new URL, there is still a
very evident problem... the real source site (www.thc.org) has its
security certs screwed up:

% wget 'http://freeworld.thc.org/releases/hydra-7.5.tar.gz'
--2013-10-04 12:38:31--  http://freeworld.thc.org/releases/hydra-7.5.tar.gz
Resolving freeworld.thc.org (freeworld.thc.org)... 199.58.210.16
Connecting to freeworld.thc.org (freeworld.thc.org)|199.58.210.16|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently
Location: https://www.thc.org/releases/hydra-7.5.tar.gz [following]
--2013-10-04 12:38:31--  https://www.thc.org/releases/hydra-7.5.tar.gz
Resolving www.thc.org (www.thc.org)... 199.58.210.16
Connecting to www.thc.org (www.thc.org)|199.58.210.16|:443... connected.
ERROR: cannot verify www.thc.org's certificate, issued by ‘/C=US/O=GeoTrust, Inc./CN=RapidSSL CA’:
  Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.
To connect to www.thc.org insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.

OK, yes, I can bypass this, if necessary, using --no-check-certificate,
but I am telling you that the port, the way it sits now is *BROKEN*.

Furthermore, for all of the other possible sources where the file could
be gotten from, apparently the port believes that the size of the file
should be 681784, but that is *wrong* and the size of the file on _all_
the mirrors is actually 681552, so all attempts by the port to grab the
sources from any & all of the other mirrors is failing also.

Could you be kind and fix both problems, please?

--->  Upgrading 'hydra-7.4.2' to 'hydra-7.5' (security/hydra)
--->  Building '/usr/ports/security/hydra'
===>  Cleaning for hydra-7.5
===>  License AGPLv3 accepted by the user
===>  Found saved configuration for hydra-7.5
=> hydra-7.5.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
=> Attempting to fetch http://freeworld.thc.org/releases/hydra-7.5.tar.gz
fetch: http://freeworld.thc.org/releases/hydra-7.5.tar.gz: Moved Permanently
=> Attempting to fetch http://dl.packetstormsecurity.net/groups/thc/hydra-7.5.tar.gz
fetch: http://dl.packetstormsecurity.net/groups/thc/hydra-7.5.tar.gz: size mismatch: expected 681784, actual 681552
=> Attempting to fetch http://packetstorm.codar.com.br/groups/thc/hydra-7.5.tar.gz
fetch: http://packetstorm.codar.com.br/groups/thc/hydra-7.5.tar.gz: No address record
=> Attempting to fetch http://packetstorm.igor.onlinedirect.bg/groups/thc/hydra-7.5.tar.gz
fetch: http://packetstorm.igor.onlinedirect.bg/groups/thc/hydra-7.5.tar.gz: size mismatch: expected 681784, actual 681552
=> Attempting to fetch http://packetstorm.interhost.co.il/groups/thc/hydra-7.5.tar.gz
fetch: http://packetstorm.interhost.co.il/groups/thc/hydra-7.5.tar.gz: size mismatch: expected 681784, actual 681552
=> Attempting to fetch http://packetstorm.foofus.com/groups/thc/hydra-7.5.tar.gz
fetch: http://packetstorm.foofus.com/groups/thc/hydra-7.5.tar.gz: size mismatch: expected 681784, actual 681552
=> Attempting to fetch http://packetstorm.tacticalflex.com/groups/thc/hydra-7.5.tar.gz
fetch: http://packetstorm.tacticalflex.com/groups/thc/hydra-7.5.tar.gz: Not Found
=> Attempting to fetch http://packetstorm.unixteacher.org/groups/thc/hydra-7.5.tar.gz
fetch: http://packetstorm.unixteacher.org/groups/thc/hydra-7.5.tar.gz: No address record
=> Attempting to fetch http://packetstorm.wowhacker.com/groups/thc/hydra-7.5.tar.gz
fetch: http://packetstorm.wowhacker.com/groups/thc/hydra-7.5.tar.gz: size mismatch: expected 681784, actual 681552
=> Attempting to fetch ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/hydra-7.5.tar.gz
fetch: ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/hydra-7.5.tar.gz: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
=> Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this
=> port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/ and try again.
*** [do-fetch] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/hydra.