Date:      Sun, 23 Feb 1997 20:50:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      andy@mini.Chicago.COM
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCO emulation (no semsys?)

I'm trying to prove to a friend that he can swap his SCO system (3.1.2)
for a FreeBSD system.  But, he needs to run an application that uses
"business basic" - dunno if that's just what he calls it or if that's the
product name.  Anyway, I took his executables and put them on a FBSD 2.1.6
system and tried running them.  No joy.  I get an error message that
"semsys" is either not being available or not implemented (don't remember
which right now).

The test system I used is running the GENERIC kernel and is otherwise
straight off the ftp site.  Is this something that can be taken care of
by recompiling with the right options (the src tree disappeared due to
the security bug and I've yet to be able get the latest 2.1.7 w/src
installed)?  If not, would going to 2.2 take care of it?  Any other info
about it?

Thanks for any help.

Andy (hoping this will somehow be able to work)