Date:      Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:49:27 -0800
From:      Danny Howard <dannyman@toldme.com>
To:        Alex D'Elia <alex@fan.priv.at>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wow ! 5.3 -> 5.4 ->

Alex D'Elia wrote:

>Hello dear people @ freebsd
>
>something wonderfull ( at least in my case ) happened
>since the last update of the base system on a sony vaio
>laptop ( CPU: Intel Pentium III (694.84-MHz 686-class CPU) )
>
>before, when the machine was compiling, it was getting
>at 82 degrees with 100% CPU
>
>now, with 100% CPU it gets at maximum 52 degrees.

Hello,

Totally un-scientific, but I have been watching tempurature the past few
days with gkrellm.  I thought your report sounded pretty fantastic, so I
HAD to try it out.  I made world, etc.  And while making world,
tempurature climbed rapidly to top tempurature of 144.5F.

Since booting in to the new world, and running portmanager -u, as well
as streaming, plenty of work to keep the system quite loaded, it took
some time to get past 120F, and now seems to top out around ... 142.7F
it says now.  It took a long time to get past 140F.

It seems that if thre IS a difference, that maybe it takes longer to
build up heat now?  Ah well . . .

Thanks,
-danny