Date:      Wed, 05 Mar 2003 09:38:06 -0800
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <myevmenk@exodus.net>
To:        Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bluetooth device ID

Hello Pav,

[ CC'ed to current@freebsd.org ]

To all FreeBSD Bluetooth users

Please do not hesitate to ask questions! No question is too dumb.
When asking questions please CC to one of the FreeBSD mailing lists.
mobile@, net@ and current@freebsd.org seems like a good choice.
This way your questions/reports (and my answers) will get into
archive. Also it would be much easier to track number of users and
progress of the project.

> i purchased usb bluetooth module and had a short play with friend's
> 5.0-RELEASE system and your bluetooth stack. device works fine it seems.

Thanks for the report :)

> i would like to submit deviceid and vendorid so it's name is printed
> when you attach the device - whom should i contact?

For now you should submit all patches to me :)

> ubt0: vendor 0x0a12 product 0x0001, rev 1.10/5.25, addr 2
>
> vendor: Anycom
> product: Bluetooth USB-100 Adapter
>
> Here is website
> http://www.anycom.com/products/usb.html

Hmm... Another case of re-branding (i think). The same vendor/product
pair already registered in the ng_ubt(4) driver as

USB_VENDOR_EPOX                 0x0a12 /* EPoX www.epox.com */
USB_PRODUCT_BT_DG02_DONGLE      0x0001 /* EPoX BT-DG02 USB dongle */

thanks,
max