Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 2000 22:29:36 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "Ade Lovett" <ade@FreeBSD.ORG>, <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>, <rse@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Cleaning up www/apache13-modssl

From: Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.ORG>
> http://people.FreeBSD.org/~ade/patches/www.apache13-modssl
>
> contains a diff against the current www/apache13-modssl port
> such that it installs everything in the same place as the
> vanilla www/apache13 port.
>
> At present, there are a reasonable number of (imho) gratuitous
> differences between the two (sbin/apache vs sbin/httpd for example)
> that simply make things harder on the end-user, and also cause
> issues with other ports that expect apache to be in the
> www/apache13 location.

I agree the gratuitous differences between the apache ports needs to be
fixed, and the Server ports broken down into 3 main Apache servers
(apache13, apache13+ipv6, apache13-ssl, mod_ssl, mod_frontpage) instead of
5.

NOTE: apache13+ipv6 required as the IPv6 patch doesn't apply cleanly with
the mod_ssl EAPI patches.

I have done some work with this previously:

    see: http://www.westbend.net/~hetzels (Old Layout)

I plan to migrate only the changes for the Apache servers to the New Layout
in the next 2 weeks.  Hopefully in time for 4.2-RELEASE.

The module changes, I'll leave up to their maintainers (see "New
bsd.apache.mk" for USE_APACHE changes), as this was what was actually
slowing the conversion process down.

Scot