Date:      Mon, 27 Jun 2011 21:04:11 +0300
From:      Vitaly Magerya <vmagerya@gmail.com>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (Missing) power states of an Atom N455-based netbook

Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org> wrote:
> You can try to run devd in debug mode and capture its output in a file, so
> that ACPI events could be examined.

After 2+ minutes of uptime I get the first devd event:

  !system=ACPI subsystem=CMBAT type=\_SB_.PCI0.LPC0.H_EC.BAT1 notify=0x80

At this point cx_supported is still C1/1.

After 4+ minutes of uptime (sometimes it's 3+) I get the same message
once again, this time cx_supported is updated with C1, C2 and C3.
The same event is reported aftewrads too; once in a few minutes.

If power cord is plugged in, I get about 4 events like that before
cx_supported is updated; they continue to arrive afterwards, once
or twice per minute.

(I can show the actual output of devd in debug mode, but aside from
those events it's about parsing and other uninteresting stuff).

> It seems that possibly we present different OS capabilities to ACPI...
> Needs more investigation.
>
> Can you also send me two binary files produced as follows:
> 1. dd if=/dev/mem size=1 iseek=0x3F5B9B71 count=0x00000203 of=...
> 2. dd if=/dev/mem size=1 iseek=0x3F5B92DA count=0x00000708 of=...
>
> Or, if it's not too much trouble for you, you can send results of
> decompilation of those files using iasl -d <filename>

You can find them all at [1] and [2].

[1] http://tx97.net/~magv/n143-acpi/mem-3f5b9b71.dsl.txt
[2] http://tx97.net/~magv/n143-acpi/mem-3f5b92da.dsl.txt