Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 1997 11:55:21 +0930
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Jason Andresen <jandrese@vt.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: paralell Zip problems

> I followed the README install directions to the letter on the Parallel
> port hack, and after rebuilding the kernel (it does probe the sd0 and find
> it). However, when I try to fdisk the disk (as said in the readme) it spits
> back:
> Cannot open disk /dev/rsd0 (Device not configured)

Without the actual boot-time messages and a transcript of your attempted
fdisk session it's a little hard to be absolutely sure what's going on
here.  You might want to check that your /dev/sd* nodes are correct,
and that there's a disk in the Zip.

Note that the 'ppa' driver is obsolete, and has some problems that are
unlikely to be fixed.

> If anyone has knows (or has an idea) what the problem is, I'd love to hear
> from you.  Thanks!

You should almost certainly have mailed the author at the address in
the README, as he's likely to be best able to help you.

mike