Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 11:41:16 -0500
From:      Stephen Nadas <nadas@torrentnet.com>
To:        castor fu <castor@alumni.caltech.edu>, ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   cscope questions

Hi,

With help from Chris & Bill (Thanks much!), I've got cscopes built.  It
seems to work, at least on smaller collections of files.  I've got 2
issues:

a) I want to use the -q option to build the reverse index, so it runs
quickly.  I find for smaller sets of files it works.  On larger sets, we
get:

cscope: 5460 files built
cscope: building symbol index: temporary file size is 52624329 bytes
cscope: sort done!
Memory fault (core dumped)

(The 'sort done!' is just a debug of mine...)
then gdb sez:

Core was generated by `cscope'.
#0  invmake (invname=0xed420 "", invpost=0xed430 "", infile=0x4d354)
    at invlib.c:184
184                     *s = '\0';
(gdb)

Any ideas?  I realize that this may not be the right list to discuss
this on, so a pointer to the right place would be very helpful.

b) I have a couple of files that cause the following error:

input buffer overflow, can't enlarge buffer because scanner uses REJECT

Seems like I ought to be able to fix one or more header file constants
to get by this?  or some such.  Any thoughts as to what is wrong?

Thanks & regards,
Steve

--
Stephen Nadas			nadas@torrentnet.com