Date:      Wed, 28 Jan 1998 02:13:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@hwcn.org>, Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DRAFT: ports.7

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> > It works because you have the whole ports tree expanded into
> > PORTSDIR on your computer.  It's the people who download a single
> > port that have to check the dependencies themselves, otherwise
> > the build will continue along merrily until it fails due to a
> > missing dependency.
>
> Ewww, that *is* bad...

Well, the only thing that could be changed would be to make a
failed dependency fatal, which might not be a bad idea, since I
know a missed dependency has bitten me before, and it has caused
me to spend time answering questions that otherwise could have
been avoided.

> Yes, but since wget, netscape, and lynx all use {http,ftp}_proxy, I think
> changing fetch wouldn't hurt too bad..

But soon we'll be able to fix netscape!  :)  Hmm...  You are
right, though.

--
 tIM...HOEk
OPTIMIZATION: the process of using many one-letter variables names