Date:      Mon, 21 Nov 2011 13:44:25 +0000
From:      Alexander Best <arundel@freebsd.org>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: issues with the recent ath commits (r227740, r227651, ...)

On Mon Nov 21 11, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks. Please do this. Can you please provide me with some details
> about the panic-on-boot?
>
> Is the version of the ath driver code from stable/9 ok?

i'm running HEAD, so i can't test that code. reverting to r227739 didn't fix
the issue, however i'm now running r227650 and so far i haven't experienced the
panic, nor the lock up. it seems r227651 introduced the critical code that
caused the issues.

unfortunately i can only take a picture of the panic-on-boot, since the system
locks up after the panic and no debugging is possible. also no crash dump is
being performed.

i'll send you the panic-picture in a private email (since the mailinglists will
scrub the attachment anyway).

cheers.
alex