Date:      Sat, 3 Aug 1996 14:46:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Daniel Kligerman <kligs@gold.interlog.com>
To:        Mark Mathis <mark@earth.mat.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Win95 to FreeBSD through Ethernet

On Sat, 3 Aug 1996, Mark Mathis wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Aug 1996, Daniel Kligerman wrote:
>
> > What IP address do I use for the Win95 machine?  Do I just pick a
> > non-public address for it?  For the dns IP I assume I put in the static
> > IP of my internet account?
>
> No, you need to get a class "C" from your provider. Once you connect your
> win95 machine to your freebsd machine that is connected to the internet
> the win95 machine will be able to reach the whole world and the world
> will be able to reach it. The address needs to be a valid address
> assigned to you.

I don't really need a class C - probably overkill for what I want to do.
I don't need the Win95 machine to be accessible to the outside world.
I've actually done this before from Win95 to Win95 via Wingate, which
basically allows you to share the Internet connection over a network
with one dial-up account and one IP address.  Just trying to setup
something similar via FreeBSD.

> Are you running dns on your freebsd machine?

No, don't think so.

Daniel Kligerman
kligs@interlog.com