Date:      Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:14:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Dr. Jon A. Christopher" <jchrist@eyesopen.com>
To:        freebsd-cvsweb@FreeBSD.org, scop@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   cvsweb feature request

Hi there,

I'm a big fan of the cvsweb tool, but there's something I think would make
it much more useful. I requested this some months ago, and was told at the
time that it a) was a good idea, b) should be easy and c) would be coming
soon.

It's been months, and a few releases, and it seems like it was lost in the
shuffle, so please let me enter another plea for it:

It'd be really great if CVSweb's "Age" column worked on directories, and
told you when the last time a directory was modified.  For instance, on
the CVSweb page itself, instead of the current:

File 	Rev. 	Age 	Author 	Last log entry
css/
enscript/
icons/
ChangeLog  1.191 	  8 weeks 	 scop 	  Spelling fixes.
INSTALL 	 1.36 	  6 months 	 scop 	  Release 3.0.5.
NEWS 	     1.46 	  3 months 	 scop 	  Improved "Diff to"

We'd see the most recent time anything in a directory was changed, and so
would get this:

File 	      Rev. 	   Age 	     Author 	Last log entry
css/ 	  	  	  	  12 months  scop     cvsweb.css:Combine CSS properties......
enscript/ 	  	  	18 months   scop    lang_cvsweb_diff.st: Use a separate....
icons/    	  	  	 2 years     scop   binary.gif: Show binary files with a...
ChangeLog  1.191 	  8 weeks 	 scop 	  Spelling fixes.
INSTALL 	 1.36 	  6 months 	 scop 	  Release 3.0.5.
NEWS 	     1.46 	  3 months 	 scop 	  Improved "Diff to"

That is, display the info for the most recently-changed file in a
directory.

That would be a tremendous help for tracking changes in a large project,
if you just want to look at a directory and see what has changed.
Currently, you have to descend into each subdirectory, which is a big
pain.

Pretty please?

Thanks,
Jon