Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 1996 18:38:28 EST
From:      Alexander Seth Jones <ajones@ctron.com>
To:        questions@freefall.freebsd.org, hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   X help

  I'm having trouble getting X setup on my Gateway 2000 P4D-66.  When I try to
bring up an xterm I get the following error message:

xterm: Error 23, errno 25: Inappropriate ioctl for device

This error even pops up if I try to run an xterm from my FreeBSD box with the
display set to my SparcStation.

The Gateway has a PS/2 mouse, which I've reconfigured the kernel for, and I can
move it around all that.  I'm pretty sure I have the right X server, so I don't
think that's the problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

Alex Jones