Date:      Fri, 07 Mar 2014 17:15:51 +0100
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg equivalent of "pkg_info -R"

On 03/07/14 07:54, Matthew Seaman wrote:

> Yes, being able to generate the entire dependency tree would be a
> desirable option.

Exactly.

In the example I gave, the rationale was, after the vulnerabiliy in
gnutls, getting a list of services which needed restarting.

> It's not particularly difficult, but it does require
> implementing recursive behaviour for such lookups.  That just needs
> someone to step up and code it...

I was just surprised that some funcionality I very often use was gone.
Perhaps I'm doing things in a peculiar ways?
Are there so few people doing this, that it could be overlooked?

Of course, getting back to the previous example, listing the binaries
which are linked against gnutls might be another route...

> Until then, you'ld have to write a shell wrapper around pkg query to
> achieve the same effect.

Ok.
I'd just hate do duplicate work...

  bye