Date:      Tue, 19 Jun 2001 22:56:05 -0400
From:      "Travis Troyer" <degraz@planethalflife.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Modem Suggestions For FreeBSD 4.1

Hello,

I am FreeBSD newbie, building a new system, and I'm planning on running
FreeBSD 4.1 on it (eventually I'll get the newer release, but right now 4.1
is what I have).  I am a dial-up user, and I'm wondering what modem would be
a good choice for my system?  If a modem is listed as working with Linux,
will it easily work with FreeBSD too?  Specifically, I have been looking at
the USR 56K Performance Pro
(http://www.usr.com/products/home/home-product.asp?sku=3CP5610A) and the
Intel Modems with the MD563X-HaM chipset
(http://developer.intel.com/design/modems/products/md563x.htm).  Would
either of these work well with FreeBSD?  Any insight on what modems to look
for would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Travis Troyer