Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2000 09:54:45 +0400
From:      "Arthur Boynagryan" <boynagar@armentel.com>
To:        "'Danny'" <dannyho@bigpond.net.au>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Samba Error

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C05533.694EAA30

I have the same problem on FreeBSD 4.0-4.1.1 (RELEASE) and Windows NT
network.
Every once in a while nmbd gives me this error message. But that happens
only if
I start Samba daemons from inetd.conf. If I start them with a startup script
in
/usr/local/etc/rc.d everything works just fine. Only once (on FreeBSD
4.1-RELEASE)
another error occured: nmbd just wouldn't start from local startup script,
even
though smbd and swat were running just fine.

This problems occur both in Samba 2.0.6 and 2.0.7

Please see attached smb.conf file for more information

Regards,

Arthur

# Samba config file created using SWAT=0A=
# from 192.168.1.2 (192.168.1.2)=0A=
# Date: 2000/10/05 00:44:20=0A=
=0A=
# Global parameters=0A=
[global]=0A=
	workgroup =3D MIS D=0A=
	netbios name =3D USER-1000012572=0A=
	server string =3D Samba 2.07 on FreeBSD 4.1.1-RELEASE=0A=
	interfaces =3D 127.0.0.1/24 192.168.7.250/24=0A=
	bind interfaces only =3D Yes=0A=
	security =3D SERVER=0A=
	encrypt passwords =3D Yes=0A=
	password server =3D Netserver_b1=0A=