Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 02:54:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dave Belfer-Shevett <shevett@stonekeep.com>
To:        pir@pir.net
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems configuring Vadem VG-469 PCMCIA controller.

pir@pir.net wrote:
>Dave Belfer-Shevett <shevett@stonekeep.com> probably said:
>> unknown0: <ACTIONTEC PNP PCMCIA ADAPTER> at port 0x3e0-0x3e1 on isa0
>> device          pcic0   at isa? irq 10 port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000
>>
>> I've tried changing the IRQ around by altering this line in the kernel
>> file, to no avail.
>>
>> Any suggestions?  Please?  :)
>
>Have you tried just;
>  device	pcic0 at isa?

Didn't work. :)

>If pcic isn't picking it up it might be because the pcmcia controller
>isn't supported ...

The Vadem controller is most definatly supported - it's the one in the
Lucent Wavelan ISA card.  The difference here seems to be that it's a PNP
device, which seems to be the big hassle. :(

-------------------.   Web-based problem management: www.stonekeep.com
shevett@pobox.com  /   90's Vocab: Generica - Features of the American    \
------------------<  landscape that are exactly the same no matter where   |
                  |    one is. "We were so lost in generica, I actually    |
                  |             forgot what city we were in."              |