Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 1996 20:14:13 +0100
From:      per.hannlov@tullverket.se
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Why does not my FreeBSD inst. works ????

I have made about 15 FreeBSD installations !!!!

The problem is :

If I makes a FreeBSD installation, the PC wont boot
there is no problem what so ever with the installation.
But when I boot my PC. The only thing that happends is:

F1 DOS
F2 BSD

If I choose F2, the pipesigne (|) prompts.
and my PC hangs. Ok I know I know.

I have already made a Installation  (350 MB partition) and disabled
my external BIOS on my Promise Eide 2300 controller card
and the FreeBSD inst. was sucessfull.
BUT when I will make a DOS partiotion of the rest of my
1275 MB disk the size of the partition only reach
105 MB. (Tot 504 MB).

I have ALSO already made a small (1 MB) DOS partition
then the 350 Free.. partition --->> No different.

The strange thing is that if I enables the external BIOS
and boot the floppy. FreeBSD can recognise all of my
harddisk. Because the installation is successfull
BUT I cant boot. It looks like the bootmanager can not
find the bootsector of my Free... partition

I only describes a few alternatives of installation
I have made.  --->>> And I can tell you.
This problem is not possible to solve in some hardware way.
I must get som software, or if someone can help me with
some installations parameters.

I have in principal made a Fresbee of my FreeBSD
but if there is some hacker who can solve
the problem I would gladely tell everone what a
wonderfull world the FreeBSD world is.
For now on   ---->>> MICROSOFT NT

Per Hannlöv
Edeforsgatan 46