Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 22:29:07 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        <jacks@sage-american.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Smashing Bill Gates necessary?

The findings of the court are in plain English.  Anyone can read them.
They are also the law of the land unless some future appeal to the
US Supreme Court becomes likely and the judgement is overturned.

Sorry but I'm pretty disgusted by people running around talking like
the court's judgement on this is some kind of random opinion.  It's the
law at the current time.  Microsoft has been found in a court with
jurisdiction - no several courts - to be an illegal monopoly.

Everyone has opinions about laws and court judgements out there.  My beef
with your statement was not that your opinion that the judgement is
wrong or bad is invalid - my beef is your statement that just because
some people don't like the findings of the court that the findings are
meaningless.  It's a fine hair to split perhaps - but right now Microsoft
is running around playing victim and they are doing it for a blatant and
obvious reason.  They are doing it because they intend once the judgement is
final to attempt to get Congress to pass some laws and gut the judgement.

When you say things like "bust him up without any good reason" you are just
repeating the same bullshit from Microsoft's PR department.  There IS a
good reason to bust them up - they are breaking the law which makes them
criminals.  We are past the point at which it's a matter of opinion as to
whether Microsoft is engaged in illegal criminal activity.  It's now a
FACT.  They ARE, according to how the court has interpreted the law of the
land.