Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:58:42 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <akl@klemm.apsfilter.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Akinori MUSHA <knu@iDaemons.org>
Subject:   another portupgrade woe ...

root{233} /usr/ports portupgrade -afR
Stale dependency: bugbuddy2-2.2.0 --> scrollkeeper-0.3.11_4,1 -- manually run 'pkgdb -F' to fix, or specify -O to force.
or
root{235} /usr/ports portupgrade -a
Stale dependency: bugbuddy2-2.2.0 --> scrollkeeper-0.3.11_4,1 -- manually run 'pkgdb -F' to fix, or specify -O to force.
Exitcode 1
Similar result.

either pkgdb -F or pkgdb -O or pkgdb -FO do the job of fixing the
dependencies not automatically.

Yesterday all my dependencies were fine. I fixed a similar situation
by simply recompiling/reinstalling the ports that had an unresolved
dependency ...

What makes me wonder is, why it comes now to this situation.
I use since yesterday
portupgrade -afR
to keep all my ports up to date ...

Are the portupgrade tools somewhat inconsistent ???

I update via cron this way:

cd /cvs; /usr/local/bin/cvsup -1 -g -z -L 1 cvs-supfile;
cd /usr; nice cvs -q -d /cvs checkout -r RELENG_4 -P src
rm -f /usr/ports/INDEX
nice cvs -q -d /cvs checkout -P ports
/usr/local/sbin/portsdb -Uu
/usr/local/sbin/pkgdb -F

Why isn't it possible to run
portupgrade -afR
one day after ... well
I understand upgrading all ports in our portscollection isn't
an easy way ... but I think / fear, that portupgrade itself
introduces inconsistencies ...

What do you think ??

What is the best way to keep everything up to date using cron
and sometimes manually doing portupgrade -a

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm                             /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
http://www.64bits.de                     <  Powered by FreeBSD  >