Date:      Sat, 10 May 2008 13:19:25 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: evolution-datas-server fails configure due to Kerberos changes

--==_Exmh_1210450765_13524P

> Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 15:04:00 -0500
> From: "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
>
> On Sat, 10 May 2008 01:37:13 -0500, Pascal Hofstee <caelian@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > After the recent Heimdal import (and Doug Rabson's quick fix regarding
> > the krb5-config script) on 8.0-CURRENT, i now noticed
> > evolution-dataserver fails its configure stage due to problems in its
> > detection of Kerberos support.
> >
> > configure:28051: checking for Kerberos 5
> > configure:28079: cc -o conftest -O2 -pipe -march=athlon64
> > -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/db41
> > -L/usr/local/lib -pthread -L/usr/lib -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err
> > -lgssapi_krb5 conftest.c  >&5 /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lk5crypto
> >

> > When one looks further in config.log one notices loads of missing
> > hx509_* symbols. That's where i noticed that the link line above was
> > missing the -lhx509 that was added to "krb5-config --libs".
> >
> > This leads me to believe the evolution-data-server port uses its own
> > home-grown Kerberos 5 configure check instead of depending on
> > krb5-config.
>
> Yep.
>
> > I'll happily test suggested patches.
>
> Try here: http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/diff/evolution-data-server.diff

Just in case you don't follow freebsd-current@, Doug R. has checked in
fixes for MOST of the problems from the update of heimdal in
current. These may fix the problems, but he says that he won't have it
all fixed until tomorrow. (A test patch for the last problem has been
posted, though, if you just can't wait.)

In any case, it's probably not worth spending too much time fixing
failing ports when they won't be broken long for those willing to update
heimdal.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)