Date:      Sat, 18 Jan 2003 16:36:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andriy Gapon <agapon@cv-nj.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xmms cd playback annoyance

On Wed, 25 Dec 2002, Andriy Gapon wrote:

> Since recently I have started to get the following messages each time xmms
> starts to play the next track on CD:
>
> acd1: PAUSE - ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x2c ascq=0x00 error=0x00
>
> the strangest part is that, to the best of my recollection, I didn't have
> any software, hardware or configuration changes for the past 2 months.

turned out I did have a small change in xmms config.
If you have the same problem or are simply interested, plese see:

Andriy Gapon
*
"I no longer fear a world quite like 1984 where governments control your
every move. I fear a world where everyone is afraid to do anything because
they'll get in trouble, or something bad might happen, or you might lose your
insurance. It's really happening as we speak." by /. Anonymous Coward