Date:      Mon, 20 Apr 2009 17:07:17 +0200
From:      Henri Hennebert <hlh@restart.be>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   7.2-RC1 - serial console / sio0 not working

Sorry for the previous wrong followup :-(

Hello,

Experiencing some deadlock, I try to reenable my serial console on
7.2-RC1. (console="comconsole,vidconsole" in /boot/loader.conf and
-Dh or -Dh -S115200 in /boot.config).

/var/log/message show: 'sio0: type 16550A, console' and from the vga
point of view, console output from kernel is slow as if echoed on a
serial and rc output is going somewhere.

At the other end of the serial, minicom show nothing and is 'offline'.
A break at the minicom set my 7.2-RC1 in debugging (ddb) but 'continue'
has no effect.

The cable is working fine (serial console mode) with another box in
8.0-CURRENT.

If I disable serial console and try minicom on 7.2-RC1, status is
offline but any key is recieved at the other end and any key type at the
other end is displayed fine.

Does anyone encounter such a problem ?

Thanks in advance

henri