Date:      Sat, 26 Jul 1997 03:36:24 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Joshua Fielden <shaggy@houseofduck.dyn.ml.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   moused problems...

.... I've searched the FAQ, etc up and down, and didn't find anythign that
quite fit my problem:

upon boot-up, moused runs from rc.conf, and gives no errors. ps -ax
confirms the daemon is running with the flags I wish. But I don't get a
cursor at all. The man page does not say anything special needs to be done
once the daemon is running, so I assume there's something I'm missing.
the appropriate snippet from rc.conf:

moused_type="mousesystems"	# I have a ms three-button mouse, this
				# setting works for XF86.
moused_port="/dev/cuaa0"	# again, X is happy with this, no
				# conflicts with another port/dev
moused_flags="-s"		# tried this and -S 9600

Is there something more that needs to be done, or do I have a problem
that's a little more sinister?

JF