Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2000 16:44:00 +0100
From:      "Roberto Nunnari, AGIE" <roberto.Nunnari@agie.ch>
To:        Nick Rogness <nick@rapidnet.com>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gateway strange behaviour for telnet and ftp

Hi Nick. Thanks for replying.

But why it behaves that way only for telnet/ftp/nfs?

ping host1 works OK.
As ping works at ICMP level, I also wrote a couple of
small programs that ping host1 at TCP and UDP level.
Well, that test works just fine, both when using host1's
name or ipaddress.

What do you think?

This evening I'll give it a try with IN_ADDR_ARPA anyway...

--
              Roberto Nunnari -software engineer-
                mailto:roberto.nunnari@agie.ch