Date:      Tue, 7 Jun 2005 20:00:35 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        fbsd_user <fbsd_user@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenBSD PF  set skip on rule not working

On 2005-06-07 11:08, fbsd_user <fbsd_user@a1poweruser.com> wrote:
> I have this rule in my PF rules file. When I load the rules I get
> syntax error on the rule.

> set skip on lo0             # No restrictions on Loopback Interface
>
> The OpenBSD PF manual says this is good syntax.

The syntax is fine.  You just used it at the wrong place.

The pf.conf(5) manpage describes the proper order for pf.conf
sections when the require-order option is enabled.

> Does any FreeBSD PF users use this and does it work???

I do.  Yes, it works.

> Also is there some command to display the bad syntax line along
> with the error message?

It does on CURRENT.  I'm not sure if is a CURRENT-specific feature,
but here I see (by deliberately breaking the syntax of the skip
line for lo0):

% gothmog:/root# pfctl -f /etc/pf.conf
% /etc/pf.conf:17: syntax error
% pfctl: Syntax error in config file: pf rules not loaded
% gothmog:/root# cat -n /etc/pf.conf | head -17 | tail -1
%     17  set skip lo0
% gothmog:/root#