Date:      Sun, 12 Dec 1999 22:45:48 +0100 (MET)
From:      Gerard Roudier <groudier@club-internet.fr>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        FreeBSD SCSI hackers <freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: negotiating for Ultra on AH2940UW

On Sun, 12 Dec 1999, Ollivier Robert wrote:

> According to Kenneth D. Merry:
> > Do you have Ultra speeds enabled in the Adaptec BIOS, and is that
> > particular target set up in the BIOS for Ultra speeds?
>=20
> Interestingly enough, I have the same problem on a Symbios controller (us=
ing
> the sym driver), see previous message in this list.

I didn't miss your previous message, neither I missed the similar problem
report with the Adaptec. I have updated to latest kernel and didn't
experience the problem on my system.
The sym driver also gets device settings from the NVRAM. You should check
your devices are still configured for Ultra transfers. The SDMS BIOS may
have lowered all devices to 10 MHz / 8 bit data transfers in the NVRAM if
some error occurred while it was scanning the SCSI BUS. (It seems that not
all people at SYMBIOS agree about this BIOS behaviour to be a feature;).)

G=E9rard.