Date:      Mon, 12 Jun 2006 22:18:00 -0700
From:      Peter Losher <plosher-keyword-freebsd.a36e57@plosh.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   'make release' questions...

--------------enig75F16CCC125EC9FD1F364B6D

I have been mucking about w/ 'make release' for some time now (stripping
out OpenSSH, sendmail, Heimdal, bits oF BIND, etc.) and while I now have
a working .iso image, that will install and update, I have some
questions that 'man release' just won't answer. :)

First, is there any way to instruct 'make release' to just build certain
packages (and their dependencies) for inclusion in the release instead
of a blanket NOPORTS?  There's no need for us spend two/three days
compiling all the various ports when we will only use a small handful of
them on most of our boxes.  (and would speed up the amount of time it
takes to roll out a new release) ;)

Second, is there a way to build/tell sysinstall that if NO_OPENSSH is
set, that it doesn't ask you whether you want to enable SSH logins?

Thanks again in advance for any advice you can provide.

Best Wishes - Peter
--=20
[ http://www.plosh.net/ ] - "Earth Halted: Please reboot to continue"