Date:      Sat, 3 Aug 1996 14:58:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Daniel Kligerman <kligs@gold.interlog.com>
To:        Gary Chrysler <tcg@ime.net>
Cc:        Mark Mathis <mark@earth.mat.net>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Win95 to FreeBSD through Ethernet

On Sat, 3 Aug 1996, Gary Chrysler wrote:

> I *belive* there was a misunderstanding here..
>
> You want to access the internet from W95 via FreeBSD, The W95 box
> does not have an IP, The FreeBSD box does. Right??
>
> Socks is what you want, Although I have heard the new Apache
> will do this as well..

That is correct.  Only the FreeBSD box is actually connected to the net
and has an IP.  The Win95 box's only outbound connection is via
Ethernet to the FreeBSD box.

So I guess what I'm looking for is some instruction (or pointer to where
I can find directions) on how to setup/where to get one of the above, and
how to set TCP/IP up to make use of this on the Win95 box.

Thanks for the help,

Daniel Kligerman
kligs@interlog.com