Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 1997 17:35:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Michael A. Endsley" <me@corecom.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: directory for distributions?

On Tue, 19 Aug 1997, Michael A. Endsley wrote:

> At 09:37 PM 8/18/97 -0700, you wrote:
> >On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, Michael A. Endsley wrote:
>
> Well, I did that, then got the dreaded "warning". From what I have read,
> that is when you umount and "never go back". Is that because I have a
> 1.6gig HD and the geometry is different between dos/bsd?

No, you probably used FIPS at some point in the past which shrank the disk
but didn't adjust the cluster size.  Partition Magic will fix this for
you, but it costs money (a good buy I'm told).

> If so, guess I have the extra CD from my 2.2.1-R CD for nothing?

If you can get the CDROM to work under FreeBSD, then you can mount it and
grab files off of it.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo