Date:      Tue, 7 May 2002 13:09:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE and a "RAMdisk?"

Leafing through the latest issue of "2600" magazine (http://www.2600.com)
at my local newsstand, I found an article telling M$FT WinBloze users how
to "set tmp=y:\..." and "set temp=y:\etc..." and also how to replace
several/various registry keys so that browser cookies, history, cache,
recently opened files, etc were saved to and from a RAMdisk instead of the
HD.

The theory is that no matter how much deletion the user does, no matter how
much encryption and passwords are used, there is always swap files and
something pesky called microscopy which can recover data from a HD.

The article said the system will run the OS, applications and open files
faster -- hence I ask: How does one set up a RAMdisk on FreeBSD?  :)

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder