Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 22:29:51 GMT
From:      chuisman@telusplanet.net
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   java FreeBSD vs. Linux

Hello All,

I am using OpenBSD as my firewall machine, and FreeBSD as my server, but I have
been struggling with my decision of OS to use for development.  I am doing strictly
Java development (Java server side code, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, and now the new
Java Web Services pack), and I'm wondering if and when FreeBSD will support
all of the latest and greatest releases from Sun, including JDK1.4.  I will
not be using any Windows products, but I am thinking of using Linux for development
since all the Java API's are easily available.

Any thoughts or recomendations??

Thanks,
Chris.