Date:      Thu, 8 Jun 1995 23:37:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        "Mike O'Brien" <obrien@leonardo.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IOMega ZIP drive experiences

On Wed, 7 Jun 1995, Mike O'Brien wrote:

> P.S. To anyone who has an IOMega ZIP drive on order: presumably you've
> ordered the SCSI version.  Be aware that it's Mac-oriented, more or
> less, in that the SCSI cable that comes with it is DB25-to-DB25,
> male-to-male.  If you have a Centronics SCSI port as the external
> SCSI connector on your PC, you'll have to get a DB25-to-Centronics
> SCSI cable.  Mine cost $30 at Fry's.

That better not happen to me.  I was asked by the person taking my order
what kind of interface I wanted, and when I told her it was for a PC,
she correctly identified the 50 pin Amphenol ribbon connector as the one
I would get.  Doesn't mean I won't get screwed, but I DID try.

> Mike O'Brien

7608 Topton St.             |
New Carrollton, MD 20784    | I run Journey2 (Freebsd 2.0) and n3lxx
(301) 459-2316              | (FreeBSD 1.1.5.1) and am I happy!