Date:      Wed, 19 May 2004 09:58:57 -0400
From:      "Shaun T. Erickson" <ste@smxy.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.2.1: Wireless & X questions

Ok. I installed 5.2.1 on a laptop last night, which went quite nicely.
During the install, it detected my wireless card, just fine. It wanted
to dhcp for it, but that (correctly) failed, as my net uses wep. So, it
punted me to the manual interface configuration screen, where I was
easily able to tell it everything it needed to successfully get me on
the air. I was a happy camper. :)

Questions:

1) How do I tell the system the ssid, wepmode, and key, and then have it
get everything else via dhcp?

2) How do I *easily* handle multiple wireless nets? I will be using the
laptop on a number of them.

3) How do I tell the system to cope, when I put a wired card in, instead
of a wireless card, and I just want it to get me on the air with dhcp?

4) It's a Dell Lattitude CPx J. How do I configure X on it? That's
really two questions ... I skipped the X setup during install, and don't
know how to get back to that configuration screen, and I don't know
anything about the video card and screen in the laptop. From the Dell
support site's original configuration specs for this specific laptop, it
  says this about the screen: "Part# 4564E, Description: Liquid Crystal
Display, TFT, 14.1, CRNA, Samsung".

TIA,
	-ste