Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 2002 15:50:19 +0900
From:      "Patrick Lathem" <trashcan@hotmail.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.7 -> 5.0 Pccard problems

Hi. I have an IBM 56k pcmcia card that I previously had working in FreeBSD
4.7. I did a fresh install of 5.0 RC1, and I can no longer get it to work.
Here are some excerpts from dmesg:

pcib2: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> at device 30.0 on pci0
pci2: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib2
pci2: <simple comms> at device 4.0 (no driver attached)
pci2: <serial bus, FireWire> at device 5.0 (no driver attached)
cbb0: <TI1410 PCI-CardBus Bridge> irq 11 at device 6.0 on pci2
cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on cbb0
pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0
(farther down)
pcic0 at port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000-0xd1fff irq 3 on isa0
pcic_attach: attach found no sockets
device_probe_and_attach: pcic0 attach returned 6
(farther down)
cbb0: Unsupported card type detected

I have tried recompiling with the kernel OLDCARD and setting
pc_card_enable="YES" in rc.conf, but it does not seem to make a difference.
I also no longer receive the messages that I did in 4.7 when the card was
inserted (card inserted, card matched, etc). If more information is needed,
please let me know. Any help would be appreciated..

Thank you,

Pat Lathem