Date:      Thu, 17 May 2018 10:58:29 -0400
From:      Mike <the.lists@mgm51.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rsync for FreeBSD 12

On 5/17/2018 2:45 AM, Doug Hardie wrote:
> I have a Rapsberry Pi 3 running FreeBSD 12 current.  I would like to be able to install rsync and a few other packages on it.  However, there are no packages available.  I don't have enough disk space to install the ports.  Is there a way to do this?

This is an excerpt from a script I use to setup my RPi3 environment
after a fresh install from the image.  It allows FreeBSD 11 packages to
be installed using the pkg command:

======

echo " "
echo "setting up pkg"
# needed for pkg because image was built against older userland
ln -s /usr/lib/libarchive.so /usr/lib/libarchive.so.6
env ABI=FreeBSD:11:aarch64 pkg bootstrap
test ! -d /usr/local/etc && mkdir -p /usr/local/etc
echo 'ABI = "FreeBSD:11:aarch64";' >> /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf

======

I have not used it since installed the early April 2018 image, but it
worked fine for that.

Hope this helps.