Date:      Sun, 05 Dec 1999 19:04:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex Zepeda <jazepeda@pacbell.net>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        vallo@matti.ee, "Brian W. Buchanan" <brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mount(2) broken?

On Sun, 5 Dec 1999, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> >Same here, except I'm able to mount after fscking an rebooting. ATA disk
> >and new ata drivers.
>
> Please update your /dev entries.  You need to copy MAKEDEV from the
> source area (it isn't installed by default) and run it with the right
> arguments to recreate the device nodes you need.

I've seen this exact same thing before too.  In fact it was two rather
annoying things, one being a single solitary last buffer that wouldn't
sync and thus left the whole fs marked dirty, and then fsck would check
it, see it was fine, but mount wouldn't recognize that it was clean.

'Course I saw this this morning too.  Yes, with a new kernel, new devices,
ata driver, and new world.  'Twas very odd.

- alex