Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 2000 16:05:20 -0500
From:      Ted Sikora <tsikora@home.com>
To:        "freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: RealPlayer 7

Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Ted Sikora wrote:
>
> > Most of the plugins give the 'bad magic' error. It works perfectly under
> > the Linux-Netscape version however. That's why I run both in FreeBSD.
> > With the Linux version I get all plugins like flash4 and so on.
>
> You can't use a foreign plugin with a native freebsd
> netscape..unfortunately there aren't many plugins available in native
> format - this is a good reason to use the linux version.

There are a couple of exceptions to that. The Linux plugger works under
FreeBSD provided you have the .conf file in the FreeBSD Netscape
directory. Also the new acroread plugin works with FreeBSD. The new
(SuSE) version not the one in ports/packages. It's compiled to work with
glibc.

--
Ted Sikora
Jtl Development Group