Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 2002 18:38:31 -0600
From:      "Max Flatulence" <max_flatulence@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   reboot on resume; psm touch pad stops responding

Hello all,

After seeing traffic on the list about resume problems, I thought I'd add my
voice to the mix.

I have a dell inspiron 8000.  I've been running -STABLE for over a year.
Resume has not worked for me since pre-4-RELEASE.  All this talk about psm
being possibly related to the hang-andreboot-upon-resume has gotten me
curious as I have the stick mouse and the touch pad.  I notice that after I
boot, the touch pad works just fine.  Partway through the day, the touch pad
simply stops responding but the stick still works.  I hadn't noticed because
I use a USB mouse for most of my mousing.  It's kinda nice to have the touch
pad out of the way, but it certainly seems to be a bug.

I do not know if the psm device is related to the hang on reboot problem.  I
can't really do much in the way of diagnosis besides read kernel messages
from log files.

Things to note:

FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE #2: Fri Jul 19 15:22:25 MDT 2002

One psm device and one usb mouse both using moused.

If a resume does happen to not cause a panic to reboot, both of my fans turn
on to the highest speed setting for the rest of the time the laptop is
powered on (multiple suspend/resumes do not change that behavior).

If anyone has any pointers, please let me know.

Thanks,

Max