Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 1996 16:24:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Stephen Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.1.5R Hang

Im trying 2.1.5R on a new machine and note that if it crashes, and the
root partition needs to be fdisked, that it will hang.

If I enter -s at boot: and manually fsck the root partition, then shutdown
-r now, it will mount route, fsck the other drives ok and come up ok.

(I am also experiencing frequent hangs when its running - but am still
troubleshooting - the fsck hang is not the same in that it happens at the
same point over and over until taken to single user mode and manually run)