Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 1997 21:31:24 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <sysop@mixcom.com>
Cc:        Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /etc/netstart bogons..

> At 12:09 PM 4/24/97 -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> >OK, I haven't done anything with DEFAULT so far but here's the
> >rest of my changes relative to FreeBSD.
>
> How about " " for no flags and then have default=NO for "" checking?

I'm not sure why NO is necessary if it causes no special expansion of
the flags.  Again, I'm trying to avoid any and all "dual use" of
variables, only having "NO" be a special value in non-boolean
situations when there's really no other reasonable way of doing it,
e.g.  I either have a filename parameter for something or I have "NO"
to denote that the option is turned off entirely.  Those are kinda
evil, from a conceptual standpoint, but there are 3-4 instances where
a foo_enable and a foo was just too redundant, and there are no
DEFAULT cases for them in any event so the point is kinda moot.

					Jordan