Date:      Wed, 1 Dec 1999 15:53:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Will Porter <porterww@gslis.utexas.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trouble printing w/ hp deskjet

There's a port, pclprint, that works for any printer that uses
PCL.  Once installed you can print with

qp <filename>

or print manpages with

man <pagename> | col -b | qp

This should not require any change to your printcap, but it does
require than lpd be running.

The pclprint scripts can also interpret PCL commands placed
in the file, but qp is really easy.  I think lptest | qp also
works.

	Annelise