Date:      Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:11:53 -0800
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcw@highperformance.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   AES Support in Heimdal

Does FreeBSD's implementation of Heimdal support 256 bit AES?  Is there
something special I must do to get AES support?

I built with ENABLE_AES=true but ktutil still doesn't recognize the AES
keytabs that I extracted.  libcrypto has some "aes" references when I
issue 'strings libcrypto.so'.  libkrb5.so has no aes strings though.  I
would guess that means I don't have aes support builtin in spite of
setting ENABLE_AES.

Thanks,
Jason C. Wells