Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 2002 15:16:34 -0800
From:      "Adam Lofstedt" <adaml@visimation.com>
To:        "'Anthony Abby'" <anthonyabby@aplusdata.com>, "'mat branyon'" <matbranyon@eatel.net>
Cc:        "'Laszlo Vagner'" <freebsd@vagner.com>, "'freebsd-questions'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Putting home directories on mounted windows network drive

> smbfs is what you're looking for.  Or at least it's what I
> use in Linux.
>
> mount -t smbfs //desktop/owner -o username=owner -o password=password
> /mnt/smb1
>
> Anthony

So smbfs doesn't even require samba to be installed?  I read about
Sharity Light and Sharity, but if smbfs is already on a base install of
FreeBSD, then I don't think I even need it.  Can anyone confirm if smbfs
is included in the FreeBSD install, along with the other mounts like
ntfs, dos, etc?

Thanks for all the replies!

Adam