Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 1996 06:48:06 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ernie Elu <ernie@spooky.eis.net.au>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Web server plug in port - where to install ?

> I'm porting w3-msql, which is an extension for HTML pages to allow mSQL
> queries.  It builds just fine, but I'm confused as to where I should
> install it.  It would usually go in the web server's cgi-bin directory,
> but since I can't assume where that is, I'm thinking I should put it in
> /usr/local/bin and then explain how to copy it over and configure your web
> server in the man page (which I have to write; see last question).
>
> Comments ?

It's got to go in the cgi dir otherwise how do you call it from a web page?
You can't call from /usr/local/bin it could be a security hole depending on
what else you have in there, and a pain to reconfigure the web server to look
there for it.

The standard cgi dir would most likely be /usr/local/www/cgi-bin as it
appears that most FreeBSD users use Apache and thats where it's cgi's live.

- Ernie.